New Year’s Meme January 3, 2009Posted by Michael McVey in Online Tools.
This is a fast moving meme and I was tagged by Morag in Saskatchewan.
Seven things you probably don’t know about me.
1. I have a mad passion for the music of J. S. Bach played by Canadian pianist Glenn Gould. This passion has been a part of my life for decades and I still cannot shake it.
2. I have not yet finished reading James Joyce’s Ullyses. It sits on my shelf and calls to me. So I have taken it down and resolved to wrap that up.
3. I have a Tibetan Terrier who is a great joy in our lives. Dalai, named for the Dalai Lama, has a name that reflects my deep interest in Buddhism.
4. I never really felt comfortable enough to drink wine or beer until I was 50. I’m 51 now and those few glasses of beer I had were enough to last me.
5. I once applied to the CIA and the Canadian Foreign Service. I got an interview with one of them but a certain large chinned PM froze hiring so I went to Japan instead.
6. I was a Special Education teacher for 19 years in five different schools before I went on to Higher Education.
7. I rarely use the telephone to talk to people but I text and am an inveterate e-mailer.
Not going to tag anyone – too much like a chain letter.